The brightest colours shine from within.
- Artist: Dylan Glynn
A heartfelt picture book about differences, acceptance, and loving yourself for who you are.
Wherever he goes, Rain Boy brings wet―which means he's not very popular. Sun Kidd brings sunshine everywhere she goes, so everyone loves her. Only Sun Kidd sees what's special about Rain Boy. But when she invites him to her birthday party, disaster strikes, and Rain Boy storms. Now the world is nothing but rain. Will the other kids ever love Rain Boy for being himself? And. more importantly, can Rain Boy learn to love his rain? Debut author and illustrator Dylan Glynn's colorful and evocative illustrations color this story with all the emotions of the rainbow in this universal story of reaching out to those who look different from you, making new friends, and learning to love yourself.
• Important lessons on acceptance, bullying, self-reliance and empathy told in a beautifully illustrated, accessible story
• A great read-aloud book for families of children struggling to fit in and find their self-confidence
• Perfect book for educators, caregivers, and librarians to help with lessons on bullying, kindness, LGBQT themes, and friendship.
- Format: Hardback, 40 Pages
- Publisher: Chronicle Books